Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Duffy Street
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 pm 

It did not work for me earlier either.

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am 

We had dinner with my sister and BIL at Duffy's on Main in NMB this trip. Considering it was Fall Bike Week, I expected it to be really busy by 6pm, but we walked right in and there were a lot of open tables. Those filled up by 7pm though.

My sister and I both had the blackened chicken salad, which was large and very good. Mike ordered a combo plate of shrimp and fish and my BIL Marc ordered the Pirates Platter.

Rave reviews all around the table, and Marc said it was the best seafood platter he has had....ever!

Service was a bit slow considering they weren't that busy when we arrived, but will not deter us from going again.

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject: Duffy St. Seafood Shack
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:56 pm 

Although I wanted to go to the new restaurant instead of the original, I went along with the others in my party. When we pulled up, there were no parking spaces but luckily spotted 2 in the back. Having not been there before, we walked up the stairs only to find we needed to go downstairs to the hostess. There may have been a sign but it was pouring and I was running. :tongue3:
There were 9 of us including a high hair so we all weren't able to wait inside, it's a teeny tiny place! The group in front of us left so we were seated within 5 minutes. Our table was in the far back of the front room and it was a very, very tight fit. Our server was new, only on his 3rd day and clearly not ready to have a party of this size. I ordered 2 virgin strawberry daiquiri's and a regular strawberry daiquiri. We also ordered a dozen raw oysters and some calamari. The virgin drinks came and about 5 minutes later, mine was brought out, all 3 in clear plastic cups. It was not frozen and had salt around the rim. He took it back and I was brought a frozen strawberry margarita instead still with salt on the rim. Too strong but I didn't complain about either issue. Oysters must've been awesome, because my son and husband inhaled them. The calamari wasn't bad. After ordering, a different waiter came over 4 times to verify the order, so I'm figuring the new waiter finally got some help. :lol:
As entrees for my party of 4, we ordered crab legs, the Pirates Feast, fried shrimp, flounder and chicken tenders. My only complaint was my fried shrimp was cold. Everything else was good. Nobody ate the coleslaw, it was very peppery and dry. I liked the hush puppies, they had an oniony taste and reminded me of Long John Silvers :cool:

After all is said and done, before tip we spent $120 :shock:
I don't mind splurging but wish the experience was better.

~Kari~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 am 

Duffy Street is our favorite restaurant on the Grand Strand. But we haven't been to the original "shack" in 10 years. Since they opened the new location on Restaurant Row, that's the only place we go. It is really big with very large tables and windows overlooking a lake and a golf course. If you decide to give Duffy Street another try, I recommend that you go to the new location. It is so awesome!

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:58 pm 

I haven't been to the original, but have been to the newer location a couple of times and concur that the expierence should be much better. they have outdoor seating, indoor seating and a back enclosed porch time area to sit as well. It's spacious and we always have a good time there. Food and staff were good too.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 pm 

Oh I'm sure we will give it another try at another location :) whenever we make it back down that way...

Everyone else lived their meal. It seems I always have the bad luck lol

~Kari~