1 and 2 Astro Motel, 1725 Highway 17 N, 3. Golden Sands, 2603 S. Ocean Blvd. 4. Palmetto Vista 2600
South Ocean Blvd
1. Wayfarer, 311 N. Ocean Boulevard 2. View of S. Ocean Blvd, 3. Sportsman Inn, 1405 S Ocean Blvd. 4. The Virginian, 1810 South Ocean Blvd.
1. Cedar Hill Restaurant Murrells Inlet 2. and 3. .Old motels in Surfside Beach, SC 4. Captain Juel's - Riverfront, Little River , SC. In business since 1945...and showing its age! 4. Little River Waterfront. Don't drink and walk!
Memories of Old Myrtle Beach
This is the way we were
Some still here - others gone forever - Nostalgia at its best!
Remember the "Mom and Pop" motels we loved when we were young?
Here are some memories (or perhaps soon to become memories) of old Myrtle Beach and
area motels, restaurants and buildings.
Click each photo to enlarge to original size
1. The Gathering Spot, 407 Yaupon Circle 2. and 3. Old beach houses in Myrtle Beach 4. Peggy Ann Apts, 914 Chester St. 5. Holiday Shores, 7301 N. Ocean Blvd.
1. Sea Park, 1501 N. Ocean Blvd. 2. Tradewinds, 2201 Withers Dr., Myrtle Beach 3. Sea Echo, 403 24th Avenue North 4. Carousel Motel, 1402 S. Ocean Blvd
1. 2. and 3. Oliver's Lodge, 4204 Highway 17 Bus. Murrells Inlet - Insert "memory photo" of us, taken in 2007 This location is now a private residence.4. J. Edwards 2300 South Kings Hwy. Myrtle Beach, for sale.
1. Summer Sands Motel, 1402 S. Ocean Blvd. 2. Budget Inn, 501 N. Ocean Blvd. 3. Murrells Inlet 4. Moving out - SaveMore, 5033 Dick Pond Rd.
Old motel near Murrells Inlet, lost to fire. Some parts of the building remain standing, though overtaken by nature.
1. Pawleys Island Marina and Yacht Club 2. Chesterfield Inn 700 N. Ocean Blvd. (click to view more Chesterfield Inn photos during demolition.) 3. Pacific Beach Store near Family Kingdom. 4. Conway Kayak Company, Riverfront. Closed. 5 and 6. Now empty Side Wheeler Restaurant (and decaying steps) near the RiverWalk in Conway.
1. Wave Rider, 1600 S. Ocean Blvd 2. 407 - 7th Ave. N. Myrtle Beach 3. San Marcus Villas Motel
204 N. Kings Hwy. 4. Yaupon Drive near S. Kings Hwy
1. Depot - empty buildings at 802 Hwy.17 S. Surfside Beach . 2. 793 Hwy. 17 S. Surfside 3. 204 26th Ave. 4. View of South Ocean Blvd. 5. The Oasis Motel
1.and 2. Back and front of Beverly Motel, 703 N Ocean Blvd 3. and 4. Back and front of Fountainbleau Inn, 701 Flagg St. Myrtlle Beach 5. Midtown Motor Inn, 309 8th Ave. N
1. 2. Sea Palms (back and front), 308 7th Ave. N 3. Crepe Myrtle, 7th Ave. N 4. Crepe Myrtle Inn (#2) and Lancer sign at 401 7th Ave. N. 5. 3. Sun-Fun Motel at 2305 Withers Dr, Myrtle Beach.
1. Time Out! Bar, 520 8th Ave. N, after it was destroyed by fire Oct. 25, 2012 2. Time Out! Bar before. the fire (This Photo property of Time Out!) 3.
NASCAR Cafe, 1808, 21st. Ave. N, opened in 1998 and closed in Aug. 2008. When it first opened, the food was good, but as time went by the quality dropped and we stopped eating there. In Jan. 2011 it was announced that NASCAR was being remodeled and would soon open as the Pat Boone Family Theater. The remodeling took place, but the building stood empty. Currently, Hollywood Wax Museum is planning to open in this location in 2014. 4.
Phillips Seafood, 1807 21st Ave. N. (formerly Alabama Grill, which opened in Myrtle Beach 1994. ) Phillips featured Maryland-style crab cakes and a fresh seafood store, but the crab-style restantant never caught on in Myrtle Beach. They later tried changing to a "World Buffet" that featured the food from various countries in a buffet-like setting, but that never caught on either. Phillips is now closed and up for lease.
1. The 24-year old Buccaneer Bay mini golf, located at 5894 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, closed Aug. 16, 2013. The land will become a Wal-Mart (grocery only) along with other developments. 2.and 3. The former Buccaneer Bay Mini Golf Course being demolished. Both photos were taken Oct. 7, 2013. 4. Sail Inn Motel 2507 N Ocean Blvd. 5. 303 Flagg St.
1. Rainbow Court 411 N. Ocean Blvd. 2. Hookah Heaven 510 N. Kings Hwy. 3. Flagg St. at 6th Ave. N. 4. Click the burned building to view 7 photos of the Georgetown fire, 9/25/12.
1. and 2. Beach View Apts. located on N. Ocean Blvd. between 21st Ave N and 22 Ave. N
MORE PHOTOS OF OLD MYRTLE BEACH COMING SOON